Full Celebration (September 6 – 9): $120
Or you can register for part of the Celebration. Daily rates are as follows:
Friday Only (September 7): $25
Saturday Only (September 8): $90
Children 10 years and younger: FREE.
Profits raised by the Festival are dedicated for public benefit to the International Temples Project and used for the development of Kadampa Meditation Centers and Temple Projects throughout the world.
Meals, parking fees and accommodations are not included in these fees.
We will have a small cafe on-site, and Revolution Doughnuts is two doors down from the center. There are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the center for lunch. KMC Georgia is fortunate to be located in a part of town with a vibrant food community practically right outside our door. Ask some locals for suggestions, but here are a few suggestions…
- Revolution Doughnuts – Only two doors down from the Center! Coffee, espresso, gluten-free and low-grain donuts, cakes, tea and a variety of other specialty drinks.
- Krog Street Market – a community marketplace housed in a 1920’s warehouse with market stalls that sell produce, goods, and prepared food, along with a few southern-grown restaurants. Includes Mediterranean, Mexican, Asian, Japanese, southern cooking and more.
- Bell Street Burritos – Mission-style burritos, quesadillas and other southwestern cuisine. “Best burritos in Atlanta” by several Atlanta and national publications. on Krog St across from the market.
- Thumbs Up Diner – A true Atlanta institution in the spirit of the good ole’ local diners.
- Ponce City Market – The Central Food Hall with dozens of eateries offering American and international dishes from around the world. housed in the historic Sears, Roebuck & Co. building in Atlanta. The classic structure, which is the area’s largest adaptive reuse project, has been reinvented as a vibrant community hub.
Recommended: We recommend that attendees park at or take Marta to the Inman Park MARTA station, two miles east of downtown Atlanta at 1055 Dekalb Avenue. It is the closest MARTA station to KMCGA and is just a 12 minute walk to the center. If you have access to a computer and Google Maps, select the “Transit” option, and the good folks at Google will tell you exactly how to use MARTA to get here.
Street Parking: There is also neighborhood street parking, which is also very limited and is not recommended.
On-site Parking: On-site parking onsite for the festival is $20 per car and is limited. We therefore request that it is used only for carpoolers or people with special accessibility needs.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta-Emory University Area
2183 North Decatur Road
Decatur, Georgia 30033
The hotel is located a 15 minute drive from KMC Georgia.
The Kadampa rate is $129.99 if you register before Friday, February 23rd and includes breakfast, wi-fi and hotel parking. Simply request the special Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia rate as you make your reservation.
Reservations can be made starting Monday, February 5th.
Children are always welcome at the Southern Dharma Celebration. Although an adult guardian must be with the child at all times, there will be a video link room that will enable parents to watch a live feed of the teachings while still being with their children. KMC GA can provide basic art supplies for kids, but you may wish to bring toys to keep your kids entertained during the weekend.
Pricing for Children
Children under the age of 10 attend the Celebration for free.
You can request a refund up until Friday, March 16th.
No refunds can be given on or after Saturday, March 17th. Exceptions may be made in circumstances such as sickness or bereavement; please submit a refund request by e-mail to the Celebration Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of the end of the Celebration.
Any non-refunded fees arising from cancellations are donated to the NKT-IKBU International Temples Project.